Liquid roofing systems are cold applied and are suitable for both warm and cold roof designs. They are designed to adjust to seams, joints, welds, and fixings. You can apply liquid roofing to different roofing materials, such as cement, asbestos, felt, metal, concrete, and more. They are designed to offer long-lasting protective roofing solutions for nearly every type of pitched or flat roof including balcony systems and skid-inhibiting walkways.
Liquid roof coating comes with numerous unique advantages which make them superior alternatives to other roofing materials, such as asphalt, felt, or single-ply.
Types of Liquid Water-tight Coatings
Basically, they are available in three main categories: bitumen, polyurethane, and polyester based.
1. Modified Bitumen
Bitumen is modified using different substances like natural rubber or styrene to make it more resistant to fatigue brought about by movement failure. Two or more bitumen solution layers can be applied for maximum effect. A bitumen liquid roof coating can serve for between 10 to 20 years.
2. Polyurethane-Based Systems
They are designed to provide good fire performance. They are also highly resistant to UV light. These roof coating systems are generally more tolerant when used in moist conditions, and their lifespan can extend to a maximum of 25 years.
3. Polyester-Based Systems
These fiber roofing systems have been glass-reinforced. If you want to apply them to plywood or other similar substrates, you can apply more resilient polyester based systems. Their lifespan can be close to 30 years.
Of course, there are several other liquid cement roofing systems that can also be conveniently used:
• Flexible Unsaturated Polyester Resins: includes polyester unsaturated resin reinforced using polyester fleece. For application, it can be sprayed or hand-rolled.
• Modified Bitumen & Emulsions Polymer Solutions: here bitumen has been modified with polymers or co-polymers to enhance flexibility, elasticity, and durability to any dried coating.
• Unsaturated Resilient Glass Reinforced Polyester Resins: this includes polyester resin that has been cold applied.
Others available liquid cement roofing products include water dispersible polymers, hot applied polymer modified bitumen, emulsions and bitumen solutions, Methacrylates, solvent based acrylic systems, and thermoplastic block solvent based co-polymers.
We offer a diversity of solutions for liquid roofing to meet your needs. We also recommend the most suitable solution after analyzing the existing type of roof you got. Having been in the Fort Lauderdale region from the 1950’s, we understand the area’s roofing requirements. Our services also include preventive roof maintenance and repair. We serve most of South Florida and we are located in the Pompano Beach area.
Benefits of Liquid Roof Coating
When installed or applied correctly, liquid roofing systems provide long service of about 25 years, particularly when well maintained. Liquid roofing is the ideal solution for roofs, walkways, car parks, and balconies. Affordable, flexible, environmentally friendly, and efficient, these roofing systems are very practical.
Seamless Roof Finish
Compared to the conventional waterproofing roofing types available in the refurbishment market today, a liquid system has many advantages. Besides being cold applied, they offer a finish that is truly seamless. It creates a permanently seamless, elastic, membrane, ideal when you are looking for long term solutions. Their unique features make them the ideal choice for patios, balconies, and terraces. They are particularly suitable for awkward roof details like gutters, pipe penetrations, as well as vertically and horizontally designed applications.
Liquid coating products will readily bond with lots of substrates commonly used in the Pompano Beach / Fort Lauderdale Florida area. This allows for their use in lots of situations without necessarily having to initially remove the current roof covering. Of course, this saves lots of valuable time, and spares you the cost of having to remove the old roofing as well as the associated cost and environmental complications of disposal.
There are also a number of additional benefits that come with using liquid roofing:
• Seamless waterproof membrane — Offers total waterproofing that no other roofing membrane is capable of doing. This is because liquid roofing is completely joint-free, which means no leaks as it creates a seamless monolithic film.
• Incorporates every roof detail — Being liquid, it reaches areas where other roofing membranes can’t! It can also be easily applied to any type of roof — plant or pipe — seamlessly making the roof watertight.
• No hot works — Application is done through a cold-applied process which eliminates the inconvenience and hazards associated with hot applied systems. This means you can continue occupying the building during the installation.
• Vapor Permeable — it allows vapor or moisture within the building to easily escape.
• Film Strength & High-elasticity — Liquid roofing can withstand natural roof movements without the risk of shearing or splitting.
• Easy to Maintain — A liquid roof coating it requires minimal routine maintenance.
Common Areas of Use
Liquid cement resin fully bonds to any substrate and is seamless. This makes it perfect for use over your current roof (exceptions do apply), such as ply membranes and others. Cold applied waterproofing liquid is also ideal for your new projects, especially those with complicated detailing, terminations, edge details, verticals, horizontal, and penetrations.
If your existing roofing membrane (such as single ply) has failed, applying a liquid roof coating overlay may be your best and most cost effective solution. Its bonding features make it more reliable compared to traditional roofing refurbishment products. Liquid waterproofing systems are also great options when dealing with inverted roofs where the membrane can be laid beneath the insulation.
Liquid coating is the ideal solution when you want to re-surface or damp-proof cement roofs, storerooms, basements, workshops, walkways, balconies, storage tanks, fountains, and even swimming pools! These liquid roofing systems are available in a variety of shades and light colors, making them suitable for reducing heat stress on your current system as well as meeting most HOA requirements.
Many liquid cement roofing solutions can be employed as overlays to your current waterproofing systems. They are ideal for use on profiled sheeting systems such as fiber cement or profiled metal or even on flat roofs. This is because liquid applied membranes are completely seamless and will completely bond to your roof substrate. This makes them more ideal for use over other waterproofing systems that are coming to the end of their lives or have failed at seams and laps.